UCSC Student ID Card
Make time to take your Student ID Card picture at Orientation. The Student ID Card:
- Is the official UC Santa Cruz photo identification card.
- Is active only when students are enrolled and have paid for the quarter.
- Is part of the student record.
- Identifies the cardholder as a UC Santa Cruz student to all faculty and staff at UCSC, and other UC campuses. Present your Student ID Card when visiting campus offices and when requested by University staff.
- is also your library card, bus pass for city buses, access to OPERS facilities, and dining hall card if you have a meal plan.
A government-issued photo ID (ex. Driver’s License, Passport, Military ID, etc.) is required in order to take your photo and receive your Student ID Card.
You will receive your Student ID Card during move-in/Fall Welcome Week.
If you do not attend orientation or do not take the picture during orientation, you will take your picture during Fall Welcome Week in September.